According to Mark A. Langley, the President and CEO of the Project Management Institute, PMI realizes that a number of global dynamics are forcing organizations to take a more critical look at their processes.
PMI and PMI Atlanta Chapter anticipate the following focus areas:
- Organizations will renew their focus on talent development as they look to grow and gain advantage.
- Tight economic conditions will continue to force the issue of good project portfolio management.
- Change management and project risk management will become even more important core competencies.
- The desire for organizational agility will also lead to increased use of iterative/incremental project management methods such as agile and extreme.
- Organizations have been and will continue to increase their focus on benefits realization (in addition to cost and time) as a project and program success metric.
Read the entire pulse of the profession study for more information.