What is Agile Project Management? Why is Agile Project Management becoming the chosen approach by innovative organizations in delivering high quality products to the market faster.
Agile Scrum methods work very effectively for innovative agile teams. Many organizations devise “hybrid” agile frameworks including Scrum practices plus additional agile practices that work for them. What is Agile Scrum or hybrid Agile framework?
When the organization launches dozens or hundreds of agile teams throughout the enterprise, a majority of the business units of the enterprise need to operate in an Enterprise Agile environment. The organization needs to scale up agile to improve the corporate performance and execute organizational strategy.
In August 2019 PMI acquired Disciplined Agile. What is Disciplined Agile (DA)? The DA toolkit is the world’s only comprehensive agile body of knowledge (BOK) that provides straightforward and practical guidance to help individuals, teams and organizations optimize their traditional or agile practices, customize any method or framework -- such as traditional, Scrum, or SAFe® – to drive outcomes that differentiate them from their competitors.
This seminar covers Agile Project Management as utilized by Scrum teams, as well as by Enterprise Agile teams, when there are dozens or hundreds of agile teams throughout the organization. Agile practices and methodologies are utilized to optimize individual team performance, as well as corporate performance and execute organizational strategy. The Disciplined Agile toolkit will be introduced as a guide for continuous improvement of agile methods and practices and help participants in choosing their new (agile) way of working, customizing their agile methodology in order to optimize their organizational performance in executing organizational strategy.
Disciplined Agile comes with a certification roadmap for PMI members along with agile training to help project practitioners and PMI members attain and maintain the DA certifications. This seminar will also cover DA training and certifications and why/how project professionals should create their own DA certification roadmap.
In closing, the seminar describes the future of project management in an Agile world.
This seminar has been offered by the same instructor, Victoria S. Kumar, PMP, PMI-ACP, DASSM, ATP Instructor, CSM, CSPO, ICP-ACC, SAFeAgilist for various PMI Chapters, including PMI Atlanta Chapter.
1. Understand the benefits of Agile Project Management
2. Explore different approaches in Agile Project Management, including Scrum, Scaled Agile frameworks and Disciplined Agile 3. Describe the DA tool kit and how to “Choose Your Way of Working (WoW)” – get your free digital copy (ebook).
4. Describe the future of Agile Project Management
5. Discuss the Disciplined Agile training and certification roadmap
1. What is Agile?
2. Agile Project Management (APM)
3. Why Use Agile? The Benefits of APM
4. Common Agile Practices and Agile Frameworks
5. What is Scrum? The Scrum Framework
6. Scaled Agile: Enterprise-wide Agile
7. Case Studies: How Organizations Deliver More Successful Programs using Scrum teams and Scaled Agile?
8. What is Disciplined Agile (DA)? Why DA?
9. Disciplined Agile Tool Kit
10. Disciplined Agile training and certification roadmap
11. Choose Your Way of Working (WoW) – get your free digital copy (ebook).
12. The Future of Project Management in an Agile world
1. Project Managers, Project Coordinators and Business Analysts who have responsibility to run projects and/or develop project management processes, requirements management processes, formal enterprise-level project development/management methodologies.
2. PM Consultants, Program Managers, Program Management Office (PMO) Managers/Directors, responsible for implementing projects, interested in establishing standard project/program management processes.
3. Project management practitioners interested in developing project management strategies and in utilizing project management processes, tools and techniques in a project environment.
Victoria S. Kumar, PMP, PMI-ACP, DASSM, ATP Instructor
Victoria Kumar, PMP, PMI-ACP, DASSM, ATP Instructor is past director, PMI (Global) Board of Directors. She is past president of the PMI North Carolina Chapter (NCPMI), having served in various board member positions for several years. She also was a member of the PMI Leadership Institute Advisory Group.
Ms. Kumar’s professional career includes project/program/portfolio management with industry corporation leaders: IBM Canada Laboratory, Red Hat, AIG and PMO program management for organizations in both the private and public sectors.
Ms. Kumar has served the North Carolina State Government for several years as Project Management Office (PMO) Program Manager / Senior Project Manager with the NC Office of the State Controller, the NC Department of Transportation, and the NC Department of Heath and Human Services, managing large-scale government information technology programs and projects and participating with the state’s Enterprise PMO in the IT governance process as a statewide approver for statewide IT projects and programs.
She also served as Sr. Program Manager with AIG United Guaranty leading the EPMO in its Enterprise Agile transformation effort and as Technical Program Manager at Red Hat, Inc., where she led the implementation of the organization’s Project Portfolio Management solution.
She has travelled worldwide, presenting on leadership development and project management in seminars and conferences.
She published several conference papers as part of PMI global congress proceedings, including:
· Program and Project Managers as Creative and Innovative Leaders
· Delivering Successful Projects …Every Time
· Effective Requirements Management
· Take Your PMO to the Next Level PMO
· Essential Leadership Skills for Project Managers
· Effective Project Portfolio Management
· Agile Project Management (Scrum Agile to Scaled Agile)
Ms. Kumar holds master’s degrees in pure mathematics and in computer science from University of Waterloo (Canada), where she has also earned PhD credits in management science. She has a master's certificate in IT Project Management from George Washington University. She is a graduate of the PMI Leadership Institute Master Class and a PMI-certified Project Management Professional (PMP®), Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master (DASSM) and a certified PMI Authorized Training Partner Instructor (for PMP, DASM, DASSM certification training). See Ms. Kumar in Linkedin
Saturday, July 9, 2022, 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM (with lunch break 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM)
$395 --- PMI Atlanta Chapter Member (discount rate)
$495 --- Non-member (standard rate)
*** Early Bird Discount Through Saturday, June 25, 2022 ***
$345 --- PMI Atlanta Chapter Member (discount rate)
$445 --- Non-member (standard rate)
PMP/PgMP: 8 / PMI-ACP: 8 / PMI-SP: 6 / PMI-RMP: 6/ PMI-PBA: 6
Technical: 4 / Leadership: 0 / Strategic and Business Management: 4
Please note that walk-ins on the same day as class are not allowed. Registration must be completed on-line in advance of RSVP date provided in course description.
* For additional information on the event, please call 919-924-1013.
|Event Date||07-09-2022 9:00 am|
|Location||WebEx Virtual Class|