Date: Monday, May 22, 2017 - Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Time: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Location: Country Inn & Suites - Atlanta NW – 4500 Circle 75 Pkwy, Atlanta, GA 30339
Earn 16 PDUs!
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) is an in-depth two day immersion into the world of Scrum. The class is full of practical, real world techniques that can be implemented immediately at your workplace. This class will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. Hands-on exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the benefits of Scrum firsthand.
1. Learn the history of Scrum
2. Learn the importance of having team values
3. Understand situations where using Scrum is appropriate and beneficial
4. Learn the Scrum framework
5. Experience Scrum firsthand in real-world scenarios
6. Learn the roles and responsibilities in Scrum
7. Learn how to create a product vision statement
8. Learn how to seed a product backlog
9. Learn how to create a product roadmap
10. Learn how to write user stories
11. Learn how teams relatively size backlog items
12. Learn the functions of key meetings in Scrum
13. Learn how to tell a good user story from a bad one
14. Learn how to track team progress
15. Learn the benefits of additional meetings recommended for Scrum
16. Learn to identify areas where we might get into trouble during Scrum implementation
17. Learn how other fields that may enhance our ability to do Scrum better
18. Utilize the collective intelligence of the class participants to brainstorm creative solutions to complex problems
Who should attend:
• IT Professionals (Architects, BAs, DBAs, Developers, Testers, etc.)
• IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
• Project Managers
• Anyone interested in learning the benefits of Scrum
Instructor: Anu Smalley, CST, CSP, CSM, CSPO
Anu Smalley is a Certified Scrum Trainer providing education and coaching, consulting services to clients across the United States. Anu’s passion lies within Product Management. Having been a Product Owner for a number of years, she focuses on coaching Product Owner’s, Product Manager and Business Leaders. Anu has 20+ years of experience. Over her career she has been a developer, Project Lead Project Manager, Development Manager, Scrum Master, Product Owner and Agile Coach and Trainer. A Graduate from Osmania University, India ( B.A and M.A in Psychology) and Bowling Green State University, Ohio (MBA), Anu has presented at User Group events like SAFe RVA, Agile Delaware and Scrum User Group of Columbia, MO. Anu is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP), a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), and a Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP). Anu is an active member of the Scrum Alliance, and Agile Alliance.
$ 1,195 --- PMI Atlanta Chapter Member (members receive $100 off the class price. Reduced price is reflected upon registration.)
$ 1,295 --- Non-members (standard rate)
Early Bird Discount of $100 off by May 15, 2017.
Please note that walk-ins on the same day as class are not allowed. Registration must be completed on-line in advance of RSVP date provided in course description.
* For information on the event, please contact Scott Dunbar at BrainTrust Consulting Group. Refunds will be processed by BrainTrust Consulting Group.
|Event Date||05-22-2017 8:30 am|
|Event End Date||05-23-2017 5:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||02-04-2017|
|Cut off date||05-20-2017 11:55 pm|
|Location||Country Inn & Suites - Atlanta NW|