PMI Atlanta Chapter does not sell contact information to anyone!
As part of the Project Management Institute, we are committed to protecting your privacy and to developing technologies that provide a safe and secure computing experience. In general, we will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you or allows us to contact you. For example, personal information is generally requested when you are asked to register before using our services, ordering e-mail newsletters, or when registering for PMI Atlanta events.
The amount of personal information you are required to supply will normally be limited to that which is necessary to supply the service or carry out the transaction that you have requested. If other information is requested, it will be labeled as optional.
Use of Your Personal Information
The personal information we collect from you will be used by PMI Atlanta to provide the service or carry out the transaction you have requested or authorized. This may include using the personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with important information about the product or service that you are using, including critical updates and notifications;
- To make a site or service easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information or by customizing the site or service to your particular interests or preferences;
- To improve the product or service and to provide better customer service to users.
PMI Atlanta does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. PMI Atlanta may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on PMI Atlanta or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of PMI Atlanta, and, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of PMI Atlanta, its Web sites, or the public. Additionally the following policies are adhered to:
- Our Ethics Code prohibits the use or sale of any PMI member data or other information (i.e., meeting attendee lists, class rosters, RSVP lists, etc.) for personal financial gain either independently or indirectly through an employer.
- Officers serving on the Chapter's Board of Directors take reasonable care to prevent unauthorized disclosure of the Chapter's membership data which is maintained by PMI at the headquarters facility (PMI-HQ) in Pennsylvania.
- When PMI-HQ receives a request from a PMI member to exclude that member's name from directory lists, we take reasonable care to avoid publishing that member's name in any list.
- If you wish to have your name included in published lists of members earning PMP designation, lists of renewing or new members, you must notify PMI-HQ that you want to be included in directories.
- Changes to your "flags" become effective at the HQ level in accordance with their publishing schedules. Changes to your "flags" become effective at our Chapter level about one week after the close of the month in which you make the change. That is because we receive updates in electronic form approximately 10-15 days after the close of each calendar month.
- An example: On April 1, a member changes his or her "flag" from "exclude" to "include" in all Directories. That change might go into effect almost immediately at PMI-HQ as it relates to directories published by HQ. However, that member's change in status is not communicated to us until the early or middle part of May. The database we receive in mid-May is used for extracting the data we convert into lists that are published in our June newsletter. Members earning PMI status in April typically see their name in a list of new PMPÕs published in our June issue of the newsletter and then only if that member had his or her DIRECTORY "flag" set on April 30 to "include" in directories.
- Note: The "flag" for authorizing inclusion on mailing lists sold by PMI-HQ is completely separate from the "flag" authorizing inclusion in directory lists. To change your "flags" for future DIRECTORY or MAILING LIST inclusion or exclusion, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and note your preferences.
Controlling and Accessing Your Personal Information
All PMI Atlanta website users have complete control of and access to their membership information via the main PMI website. Simply log in to administer your data. Additional email lists are maintained by the Atlanta Chapter, and feature full Opt-in/Opt-out services.
Security of Your Personal Information
PMI Atlanta carefully protects the security of the personal information you provide. Personal information we collect is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access, and we protect this information from loss or misuse, and from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. When sensitive personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted over the Internet, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
At PMI Atlanta, your privacy is very important to us. Our privacy principles represent our commitment to ensuring that your personal information is safe and secure. If you believe that PMI Atlanta has not adhered to these policies, please contact us by email or postal mail and we will engage all reasonable efforts to promptly identify and remedy the problem.