Written by: Rishea Middlebrooks CAPM, ACHE Student Associate
Meetings, escalations, and pandemic concerns, oh my! We often find ourselves with limited time, mounting priorities, and looming deadlines. Find out how utilizing key project management skills are essential to keep composure, instill confidence, and build trust.
James Brooks explained the critical project management skills needed to navigate the fast-paced world of healthcare. This included a review of the dynamics of the healthcare continuum and the required preparation to navigate it successfully so anyone can map the process for themselves.
- People first
- Get buy-in early and often
- Start with motivating and inspiring the team
- Lean on each other (e.g., accountability culture)
- Win hearts and minds through action
- Identify team strengths and let them FLOURISH
- Deliver meaningful feedback
- Customers for life
- Embrace your role as customer advocate
- Always keep your promises and follow-up
- Listen with intent and act when appropriate
- Understand ways of communicating
- Ask tough questions
- It's all in the details
- Understand your core processes
- Challenge the “norm”
- Inspect what you expect
- Limit the noise
- Don’t overthink it!
- Checks and balances
- Understand your boundaries
- Stay within your “lanes”
- Keep it simple!
- Show me the money!
- Keep your financial commitments
- Don’t be afraid to take risks
- Build the value proposition
- Plan for the future … play the long game!
- Build brick by brick
Join us at the next PMI Atlanta Healthcare Forum on October 19, 2022
Register at www.pmiatlanta.org/events/event-calendar